Who should take this?
- Students who want to demystify the reading section. This is one of the most challenging sections of the test to improve scores.
- Students who want to learn how to be prepared to take on this section so as to not feel overwhelmed by the amount of reading.
- Students who want to improve their confidence in reading.
- Determining reading speed and which strategies work best for each speed
- Taking control of the clock
- How to determine which passages to read and in which order to read them
- Interpreting the trends in data and looking for performance patterns
- How to read a passage purposefully
- Process of elimination
- Identifying the essential question and avoiding traps
- How to mark on the test to aid in quickly finding essential information
- Guessing as an important strategy to save time
- Planning ahead to save one passage for guessing, giving yourself more time on the other 3 sections: which one is the best for you to skip if you choose this strategy? Reading the passage first vs. reading the questions first
- Wrong answer patterns – and how to use them
- What to expect from different passage types
- The underlying skills that the questions are actually targeting
Several practice reading tests; packet of essential skills/strategies; practice using each of the top strategies, including guessing.