Who should take this?
Any student who wants to demystify the science section. This is one of the best sections of the test to help improve your score, yet often overlooked and feared.
- 3 types of passages and how to approach each one
- Taking control of the clock
- How to read graphs, data tables, figures, and experimental design set up and diagrams
- Interpreting the trends in data– look for patterns
- What should I read? What should I skim?
- Process of elimination–on this section of the test, the answers can guide you to eliminating 50% of the choices on more than 1/2 of the questions– we will show you how to do this
- Identifying the essential question and avoiding traps
- How to mark on the test to aid in quickly finding essential information
- Beating the clock Guessing–the most important strategy to save time
- Planning ahead to save one passage for guessing, giving yourself more time on the other 5 sections: which one is the best for you to skip if you choose this strategy?
- How should you approach the “conflicting viewpoints” passage
Several practice science tests; packet of essential skills/strategies; practice using each of the top strategies, including guessing.