Who should take this?
Any student who wants to demystify the science section. This is one of the best sections of the test to help improve your score, yet often overlooked and feared.
- 3 types of passages and how to approach each one
- How to read graphs, data tables, figures, and experimental design set up and diagrams
- Interpreting the trends in data and looking for patterns
- What should I read? What should I skim?
- Process of elimination
- Identifying the essential question and avoiding traps
- How to mark on the test to aid in quickly finding essential information
- Beating the clock
- Guessing–the most important strategy to save time
- Planning ahead to save one passage for guessing
- How should you approach the “conflicting viewpoints” passage
Several practice science tests; packet of essential skills/strategies; practice using each of the top strategies, including guessing.