This workshop is designed for students who want to enhance their writing skills, better organize paragraphs and essays, and improve editing skills. During the week students will examine the elements of a five-paragraph essay and practice writing both the parts and the whole. Students will use a template to make just about any writing assignment easier to tackle. Along the way, students will examine sticky grammar problems that weaken writing and learn to develop their voice to strengthen these problems. This is ideal for students entering grades 7-9.
- Brainstorming and organization strategies
- Formulating a thesis statement
- Topic sentences and supporting details
- Using quotes and citing authors
- Transitions, flow and editing
- Grammar: important elements
Class size: minimum of 4, maximum of 8.
Virtual options are available if an in-person workshop is not able to convene.